I know you’ve seen the tweets, people shouting at you to “READ MY BOOK!” it’s “ON SALE NOW!” I have to admit I’m guilty of it myself, until I found there’s a better way to promote your eBook. If you can get someone’s attention with an interesting blurb from your book, they might want to take a look to see what it’s about. I suggest looking through your story and picking out a dozen or so quotes and turn them into a “Tweet.”
Here are step-by-step instructions to tailor make your tweets.
- Using the hashtag, write the title of your book. I’m going to use my book as an example, so #InvasionOfPrivacy is 18 characters.
- Then I’ll add the address to the book on Amazon.com, http://amazon.com/dp/B00EBATCTU. With the spaces, that’s 51 characters. You can use a URL shortner like bitly.com if you need to, but it’s been my experience that people are hesitant to click on a shortened link.
- Identify a “tweetable” quote from the book. They should be short, insightful, provocative, or intriguing. My example is “Someone is watching you right now, as you sit at your computer.” Now our count is at 114. You should leave room for someone to add their username to re-tweet you.
- I have a Word document where I’ve created 12 pre-made “tweets.” So, every day or two I’ll visit Twitter, visit a few profiles of followers or new contacts and tweet something interesting I find out about them. Then, after I’ve posted a few time, I’ll add one of my pre-made tweets about my book. Be sure to mix it up a bit, so you’re not always self-promoting. If your quote is engaging enough, it doesn’t come across that you’re simply trying to promote your eBook, you’re offering something interesting.
JimsGotWeb offers promotion and marketing help to indie-authors. From editing your book to make sure it doesn’t have spelling and grammatical errors, to helping you promote your “Free Days” and “Countdown” promotion, we can help!
Here is a list of promotion and marketing services we offer:
- Kindle “Free Days” and “Countdown” Promotion Help:
I’ll help you with your Amazon promotion by submitting all of the necessary information to promotion websites and Facebook groups; including your book’s link, cover, description, dates of promotion, promotion price, and your author bio.
- Write a powerful description:
I will read your book and write a powerful description, with HTML included.
- Request book reviews:
I will contact reviewers on Amazon and Goodreads to get more reviews for your book.
- Keyword Research:
After reading your book, I’ll check keywords on Google and Amazon to find keywords that will bring a large amount of traffic to your book.
- Choose Categories:
After reading your book, I will choose appropriate categories so you’re book can rank in the top 100.
- Manuscript Editing:
One of the biggest complaints from readers leaving negative reviews is misspelling, incorrect grammar, and improper word usage. Let me proofread your book to make sure there aren’t any problems.
- Book Cover Creation:
Readers do judge a book by its cover, it’s the first thing they see. I have illustrators that can make you a new cover, if needed, or they will help improve your current cover to make sure it looks professional.
- Social Media:
If you need help setting up a Twitter, Facebook, or other social media accounts, I can do that for you and help you get “Likes” and “Followers” to your account.
- Author Website Creation:
I’ll set up a professional looking WordPress website that’s easy to maintain, so you can easily communicate with your readers.
- eBook Conversion:
I can convert your Word document into PDF, .mobi and .epub formats for all reading devices. This is great for sending out free review copies to readers.
If you have promotion and marketing needs, let JimsGotWeb help.