A few people have asked how they can read my book on their computer if they don’t have a Kindle or Nook, so here’s how to do it. Also please read on to get a free copy of “Invasion of Privacy and Other Short Stories.”
The first thing you need is a free account with Amazon. If you already have one, then log in and skip to step 4.
- If you don’t already have a free one, click here to go to Amazon.com. Click on the “Sign In to Your Account” button on the upper right which takes you to the “Sign In” page.
- Enter your email address, and where is says , “Do you have a password?” Click “No, I’m a new customer.” Then hit the “Sign in” button.
- This takes you to a page where you enter your name, and retype your email address. Skip the option to add your phone number, then enter a password that is at least 6 characters long, you’ll have to enter it twice, then click the “Create Account” button.
- Come back here and then click this link: download the Kindle for PC app. and follow the instructions. If you’re asked to “Run or Save” the program, choose “Run.” It will download and then the Kindle app will open automatically once it’s done. If your browser automatically saves the file, you’ll have to double click it once it’s downloaded to run it.
- Now you have a way to read Kindle books on your PC. All the books you get from Amazon will appear on your bookshelf when you open it.
If you want to go to Amazon and purchase the book for $0.99, that’s great. I would also like to give you the option of a free copy, for being one of my loyal readers. send me an email or leave a comment on the site and I’ll email you a copy of the book, formatted to work in your new Kindle for PC app.
As another option free option, you can go to my book page on SmashWords.com, you’ll have to do the same signup song and dance if you don’t have a free account there. Once logged in, go to my book page and click “add to cart.” Add coupon code TZ88U and the book will be free at checkout. Click on the link to the book and then you’ll have 9 choices of format.
If you’ve installed the Kindle for PC app, you’ll want to download the “Kindle” version. The other formats are: HTML for online Reading in your web browser, ePub for the Nook, Sony Reader and most reading apps, PDF, and more.
Once it’s finished downloading, it should open up in your Kindle for PC app. The other formats will have to be side-loaded to your reader.
I hope this works for you, let me know if you have any problems, I’m glad to help.
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it.