A few people have asked how they can read my book on their computer if they don’t have a Kindle or Nook, so here’s how to do it. Also please read on to get a free copy of “Invasion of Privacy and Other Short Stories.”
The first thing you need is a free account with Amazon. If you already have one, then log in and skip to step 4.
- If you don’t already have a free one, click here to go to Amazon.com. Click on the “Sign In to Your Account” button on the upper right which takes you to the “Sign In” page.
- Enter your email address, and where is says , “Do you have a password?” Click “No, I’m a new customer.” Then hit the “Sign in” button.
- This takes you to a page where you enter your name, and retype your email address. Skip the option to add your phone number, then enter a password that is at least 6 characters long, you’ll have to enter it twice, then click the “Create Account” button.
- Come back here and then click this link: download the Kindle for PC app. and follow the instructions. If you’re asked to “Run or Save” the program, choose “Run.” It will download and then the Kindle app will open automatically once it’s done. If your browser automatically saves the file, you’ll have to double click it once it’s downloaded to run it.
- Now you have a way to read Kindle books on your PC. All the books you get from Amazon will appear on your bookshelf when you open it.
Invasion of Privacy is available free on Amazon.
Once it’s finished downloading, it should open up in your Kindle for PC app. The other formats will have to be side-loaded to your reader.
I hope this works for you, let me know if you have any problems, I’m glad to help.
Thanks, I hope you enjoy it.
JimsGotWeb offers promotion and marketing help to indie-authors. From editing your book to make sure it doesn’t have spelling and grammatical errors, to helping you promote your “Free Days” and “Countdown” promotion, we can help!
Here is a list of promotion and marketing services we offer:
- Kindle “Free Days” and “Countdown” Promotion Help:
I’ll help you with your Amazon promotion by submitting all of the necessary information to promotion websites and Facebook groups; including your book’s link, cover, description, dates of promotion, promotion price, and your author bio.
- Write a powerful description:
I will read your book and write a powerful description, with HTML included.
- Request book reviews:
I will contact reviewers on Amazon and Goodreads to get more reviews for your book.
- Keyword Research:
After reading your book, I’ll check keywords on Google and Amazon to find keywords that will bring a large amount of traffic to your book.
- Choose Categories:
After reading your book, I will choose appropriate categories so you’re book can rank in the top 100.
- Manuscript Editing:
One of the biggest complaints from readers leaving negative reviews is misspelling, incorrect grammar, and improper word usage. Let me proofread your book to make sure there aren’t any problems.
- Book Cover Creation:
Readers do judge a book by its cover, it’s the first thing they see. I have illustrators that can make you a new cover, if needed, or they will help improve your current cover to make sure it looks professional.
- Social Media:
If you need help setting up a Twitter, Facebook, or other social media accounts, I can do that for you and help you get “Likes” and “Followers” to your account.
- Author Website Creation:
I’ll set up a professional looking WordPress website that’s easy to maintain, so you can easily communicate with your readers.
- eBook Conversion:
I can convert your Word document into PDF, .mobi and .epub formats for all reading devices. This is great for sending out free review copies to readers.
If you have promotion and marketing needs, let JimsGotWeb help.